Refund Requests are to be sent to
accompanied by the following completed form: Refund request form.
All Refunds are also subject to the below policies and procedures:
- Refunds to be approved by one of the following:
- House League Convenor
- Boy’s Convenor
- Girl’s Convenor
- Club Convenor
- Indoor Convenor
(Hereafter called ‘Convenor’)
In some cases a Refund Fee will be assessed, to be deducted from the Original Registration Fee to determine the net refund amount. The Refund Fee will be set by the CYSA Executive on an annual basis.
- The reason for the refund request will determine whether the Refund Fee will be assessed:
- Players transferred to Portage Trail will not be assessed the Refund Fee
- Players transferred to another club by CYSA will not be assessed the Refund Fee
- Players requesting refunds due to injury will not be assessed the Refund Fee
- Players requesting refunds due to player’s wish to be transferred will be assessed the Refund Fee
- Players requesting refunds due to player not wishing to play on a specific CYSA team, as determined by CYSA will be assessed the Refund Fee
- Players requesting refunds for any other reason will be assessed the Refund Fee (the decision of the Club Convenor is final).
- If the refund is requested prior to the hand-out of equipment, only the Refund Fee will be assessed (where applicable).
- If the refund is requested after the equipment hand-out and the uniform can be returned in the condition in which it was handed out, only the Refund Fee will be assessed (where applicable).
If the uniform has been worn and/or if names and/or numbers have been attached or printed onto the shirt, the Refund Fee will be assessed (where applicable) in addition to the cost of the uniform. This additional Uniform Fee will be set by the CYSA Executive on an annual basis.
Once the season has begun, the Convenor, with approval from the CYSA Executive, may grant a refund request. All applicable Refund and Uniform Fees will be assessed, in addition to a Playing Fee to be determined as follows:
Original Registration Fee
Number of League Games Played
Less: Uniform Fee
Number of League Games Expected
For example: If a player has played or was eligible to play in FIVE games out of a possible TWENTY, the Uniform Fee was $48 and the Original Fee was $100, the Playing Fee will be:
$100 - $48 X 5/20 = $13.00
In the above case, the player, if assessed a Refund Fee of $5.00 will receive a Net Refund of:
$34.00 ($100 - $5 - $48 - $13)
House League: $19.75 ($40 - $5 - $7 - $8.25)
Non-Resident Fees will be refunded in full and will not be remitted to The City of Winnipeg.
- Requests for refunds will be accompanied by the official CYSA Refund Form.
- All refund requests to include a reason for the refund.
- Convenor to complete refund form and forward refund request to Registrar.
- Registrar to attach original registration form to refund form and forward to Treasurer.
- Treasurer to prepare refund cheque, appropriately signed and forward to the Requester within 10 days of the refund request.
- A statement showing the Net Refund calculation will accompany any refunds that are different from the Original Registration Fee.
Created by: Miles Reid -- Last updated:Mar 14, 2007