The following are a list of excellent soccer-specific web sites providing excellent technical and informational support for coaches looking to enhance the training and playing experience of kids. All of them are free to access.
1. This is, possibly, the best soccer site for coaches to view and learn from outstanding video drills. This site is free and is sponsored by professional soccer clubs from around the world. In addition, to a range of age- and task-specific drills, the site has a ready-made season-long training program that coaches can adopt/modify. Once you log-in (for free), you can also select and save your favorite drills into a personal folder. As well, you can create animations of your favorite drills……and then down-load videos/animations to your iPod for ready-reference at training.
2. The following three sites are good as an A-to-Z of different soccer drills. “Justsoccerdrills” is a good site with down-loadable PDFs illustrating various useful drills for a wide range of skills
3. “Kwikgoal” is a great commercial product but it also has several really good animated drills (with explanations) for free. I use several of these drills routinely.
4. “Soccerperformance” is another outstanding site. In addition to an animated drills “Archive” section, there is a host of excellent information ranging from sports psychology to sports nutrition. There is also an archive of game analysis that recreates and explains critical goal-scoring moves in various key professional games from the past.
5. The following 2 sites take you to products available on Tony Waiter’s World of Soccer web site. Ask CYSA for a password to Bytesize coaching and this will take you to a series of ready-made soccer training curricula for different age groups. These can be down-loaded in PDF format. Along with “Insidesoccer” this will give coaches an excellent appreciation of what to include in a typical session and how to build season-long progression into training.
Created by: Miles Reid -- Last updated:Apr 14, 2009