HOW TO MAKE IT THROUGH SOCCER PICTURE NIGHT 101 ( please read all the way to bottom)
Minor Soccer Newsletter
Bring with you:
- A pen, there are pens available at the center table but having one speeds up the process.
- An idea as to how many pictures you are going to want to order so you can fill out the order form. Picture packages begin at $15 with a memory mate (individual picture and team picture together)
- $50 Cheques, for family volunteer bond and U8-U16 Jersey deposits, dated June 30, 2013- Indoor shoes, no outdoor footwear allowed on the pitch
* No food or beverages allowed on the pitch
Picture night Instructions:
- The time you are given is your arrival time, we have already anticipated time to get ready. Your child should have their soccer gear on: Black or dark Shorts, soccer socks, indoor running shoes. Shin guards will be necessary for playing soccer but are not necessary for pictures. You will recieve your childs jersey on picture night.
- When you arrive, listen for the coordinator in the middle of the pitch to call your team number and color. She will direct you as to where to meet the rest of your team. There are many groups coming and going, so just be patient and feel free to ask directions as to where your group is, please go to the table in front of the goal area or by the entrance gate if you have questions. Also, there may be more than one group with the same team color so listen for the age group, number and color, so you meet up with your correct teammates, please confirm with your coach that you are on the team roster.
- Each time a different team is called a sheet will be placed on the wall with the age group, number and color of team on it, a designated volunteer will be at each space along the boards and help get the coach get their teams organized. Don�t panic if your coach is not present at picture night as the volunteer will help you regardless. Sometimes even coaches have a prior engagement.
- Your child will be given their jersey and a picture order envelope. This is when you decide what pictures you want. Put the jersey on and fill out the picture order envelope. Please make sure your childs name is spelled correctly as names do appear on some of the pictures. Payments for pictures by cash, Visa/MC or cheque made payable to R&R Photo. Even if you are not buying your childs pictures please come and meet your coach and team, the team pictures are also used to thank the season sponsors.
Parents, please keep your children with their team to avoid holding up the process. Please do not allow them to run around as someone may get hurt.
- Give your youngest childs coach your $50.00 Volunteer Bond Deposit. Cheques are to be made out to: GPMSA and dated: June 30, 2013
- U8-U16 players you will also have to provide a jersey deposit cheque. Cheques for jersey deposits are to be made out to: GPMSA and dated: June 30, 2013. Once your group is ready, they will be lined up shortest to tallest shirts must be tucked in and will have their picture order envelope in their hands. A runner will come and get the team to take them to the picture taking area on the right side or left side of the pitch. Parents are not allowed beyond the roped off area unless absolutely necessary.Your child will have their individual pictures taken and then a group picture will be taken.
- Once the group picture is done, please wait for your child outside to rope.
Other pertinent information:
- Pictures will be given to your coaches to hand out at one of your games as soon as they are available.
- Timbits jerseys are yours to keep forever.
- U8 - U16 Jerseys are to be returned to your coach or the indoor soccer center after your year end tournament.
- Schedules can be found on the GPSA website under scehdules and standings. FOR THE U4 AND U6 AGE GROUPS PLEASE PAY EXTRA ATTENTION TO YOUR TEAM NUMBER AS SOME OF THE COLORS ARE DUPLICATES, PLEASE TRY TO STAY WITH YOUR CORRECT NUMBER AND COLOR.
- First game will be on April 27th, starting with the U4 and U6 ages. There is a Season End tournment scheduled for June 22/23
- Field maps can also be found online.
- GPMSA does not cancel outdoor soccer for weather, unless there is lightning. If there is a cancellation an email will be sent and it will be on 93.1 ans Q99 radio stations.
- If you are unable to attend picture night you can contact Watsons Photo directly to see if an alternate time can made to take your child individual photo.
It would be ideal if each team has at least 2 coaches, co-coaches or assistants, if your childs team only has one please step up and help out, this does count towards your seasons volunteer bond.
I hope everyone has a great season and if at any time you have questions, concerns or suggestions please send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Created by: Christine Donovan -- Last updated:Apr 26, 2013